Religious EducationBack to subjects
Have a passion for Religious Education and a desire to inspire young people to love it too? Are you a confident person who would relish leading a class of students in their learning? Are you professional and committed to progressing in your chosen career? Do you have energy and resilience to tackle challenge in order to reap the rewards of teaching? If so…get in touch!
We are looking for people who share our passion for Religious Education and want to inspire young people to put Religious Education at the centre of their learning.
Our selection criteria for application onto our Religious Education training course are as follows;
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A-C, or grade 4 or above, which must include Maths & English
- A-Level in related subject preferable
- Degree - 2:2 or above in a relevant subject. We do consider trainees who do not hold a degree in Religious Education as long as they have evidence of a strong subject knowledge, experience in a career relating to Religious Education or strong A Level in the subject.
How to apply
Apply through UCAS
What to do now:
Come and see us to find out more about the training course and get to know our partnership:
School Experience Programme: Apply to come and visit one of our schools to observe some lessons and meet the department.
Information Events: Apply to attend one of our information events, where you can meet the team and find out more about our courses.
Recruitment Events: We regularly attend National and Regional Train to Teach events where you can visit us to discuss your training options further.
What you can expect
- A school-based, teacher-led programme.
- Qualified Teacher Status at the end of the programme.
- A PGCE, in partnership with Sussex University. http://www.sussex.ac.uk/education/ite/pgcepp
- Weekly bespoke training with Teach SouthEast, covering all aspects of teaching.
- Placements at two contrasting schools within our partnership.
- A Subject Tutor who supports you to become an outstanding teacher in your chosen subject.
- One-to-one mentoring within your placement schools.
- Enhancement experiences in primary school, a pupil referral unit and a special school.
- A commitment to develop you beyond the classroom.
- A provider who will support you in this incredibly rewarding and challenging year and beyond.
- Experience of teaching in at least two key stage's - this is an 11-16 course with post 16 enhancement
Why choose us
We pride ourselves on being a caring provider, and it is this care that impacts everything we do – we nurture our trainees to discover their teaching potential. 100% of our trainees are employed by the end of the training programme.
- Dynamic - Passionate team facilitating progress
- Invested - In the teachers of tomorrow
- Supportive - Wide partnership offering experience and guidance
- Committed - Professionalism and dedication to training outstanding teachers
- Opportunity - Providing leadership development
- Visionary - Abreast of changes in educational pedagogy
- Excellence - In education for our students
- Responsive - To individual needs