Getting Ready for the ITT year - Admin Checklist
|DBS (for fee paying trainees)
- Submit address documents to TSE from 1st April. Your address document must be dated no earlier than 1st April.
- Apply for your DBS online on 1st June or as soon as possible thereafter.
- We recommend that you join the Update Service.
- Obtain any overseas criminal check from your previous country of residence, if applicable, by 1st June.
- Book your skills tests as soon as you have accepted our offer, you cannot start the course unless you have passed these tests.
- Ensure all original documents have been seen by TSE. Apply for any duplicate/replacement certificates immediately.
- Let TSE know your degree class as soon as it has been awarded.
- For overseas qualifications, ensure you have a NARIC statement of comparability. Where NARIC have indicated that you do not have Maths and or English GCSE equivalent, book an equivalency test.
|SUBJECT KNOWLEDGE ENHANCEMENT
- If undertaking an SKE is a condition of your offer, please book it as early as possible.
- SKE courses must be completed before you start your Initial Teacher Training.
|FITNESS TO TEACH (for fee paying trainees).
- Complete the confidential online health questionnaire as early as possible.
- Please ensure you disclose all information relating to your health.
|SALARIED TRAINEES ONLY
||Please contact your employing school as soon as you can. They are responsible for obtaining your DBS and Fitness to Teach checks and it is therefore very important that you liaise with them.