Early Career Teachers: Early Career Framework and ECT Appropriate Body Service
Xavier Teaching School Hub in partnership with Teach SouthEast are delighted to be offering a unique provision for early career teachers, their mentors and schools. We offer both the Early Career Framework (ECF) and Appropriate Body services to schools.
Register for our ECT services here.
An outstanding package of support, assessment and bespoke training
Our Early Career services on offer from September 2021:
|ECT Provision||Details of provision||Cost to school|
|Early Career Framework (ECF) Induction programme and Appropriate Body service||
|Appropriate Body service only||
|Early Career Framework (ECF) Induction programme only||
Schools will need to pay for an Appropriate Body service
Our ECF Full Induction programme:
Xavier Teaching School hub will be working in partnership with Teach First to deliver the funded full induction programme (FIP) to ECTs in Primary, Secondary and Special School settings.
- Free for schools with Early Career teachers
- Primary, Secondary and Special School delivery teams
- Online and face-to-face training modules
- Mentor programme to support and develop colleagues
- World-class online learning platform delivered by Teach First
- Local strategic lead schools working with groups of 20-25 ECTs and their Mentors to guide them through the programme (phase, context and subject specific)
- Weekly newsletter to support access to the programme
- Early Career Advisors from the central team as named point of contact to answer your questions, guide and support you during the roll-out in your school
Special school ECT provision
Building upon our current bespoke provision for ECTs working in special school settings, we are pleased to be able to provide an adapted programme with one of our strategic lead schools.
Our ECT Appropriate Body
The new Xavier Teaching School AB service will provide schools with a paperless, user friendly assessment system enabling ECTs and Mentors focus their time on the development of classroom practice. Our AB uses the expertise that has grown up over the last 9 years from the Salesian Teaching School Appropriate Body. Our central team have extensive experience with supporting early career teachers and currently support over 200 NQTs in primary, secondary and special education needs settings:
- Registration of your ECTs with the Teacher Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Primary, secondary and special school delivery teams
- Online training and face to face clinics on assessment processes and induction
- Monitoring assessment and progress of ECTs with streamlined assessment tools
- A dedicated AB team and administrator to support your needs
- Providing advice and guidance regarding the Early Career Framework aspect of induction
- ECT Manager: a paperless management system
- Quality assurance to ensure the highest quality provision for ECTs
- Access to expertise and a wealth of training and resources
Our enhanced offer
Through our experience of working with new teachers for many years we know the importance of offering bespoke provision, in non statutory areas, to further support individual needs and career aspirations. We are delighted to offer a range of different pathways for ECTs alongside their statutory ECF programme.
Termly keynote speaker conferences
Over the first year of induction we are proud to be able to provide an enhanced offer alongside the government’s full induction programme for ECTs that are registered with our AB. ECTs will have access to termly online keynote speaker conferences inclusive in the £195 fee!
Research in education: Masters accreditation in partnership with the University of Sussex
Through our long standing relationship with The University of Sussex and we are pleased to announce that we will be offereing a optional 3 year programme to Masters accreditation for ECTs within our Appropriate Body.
The Masters programme will centre on research and reflection within the classroom to support and accelerate the ECTs progress. For ECTs choosing to engage with this element of the programme there will be additional costs.